MAYOR DON WAGNER FILES AND SUBMITS CANDIDATE STATEMENT AT REGISTRAR OF VOTERS FOR THIRD DISTRICT SUPERVISOR TODAY
January 28, 2019
Surrounded by current and former elected officials and supporters, Mayor Don Wagner filed papers declaring his candidacy and submitted his candidate statement today at the Orange County Registrar of Voters. Mayor Wagner received more than 40 nominating signatures to get on the ballot, more than double what he needed to qualify.
Don was joined by many supporters including:
· Robert Collacott, Villa Park City Council Member
· Nissa Eljor, Supporter
· Peggy Huang, Former Mayor, Current Council Member of Yorba Linda
· Anthony Kuo, Irvine City Councilman
· Mark Newgent, Supporter
· Maverick Newgent, Supporter
· Ed Laird, Business Owner
· Greg Raths, Mayor of Mission Viejo
· Jim Silva, Former Assemblyman, Former Orange County Board of Supervisors, Former Huntington Beach Mayor
· Christina Shea, Irvine Mayor Pro Tem
· Scott Voigts, Former Mayor, Current Lake Forest City Councilman
“I am humbled by the encouragement and support I have received to run for Third District Supervisor. I will be working night and day for the next six weeks so that Orange County can have a Third District Supervisor who will be a good steward of taxpayer dollars and someone who will balance the budget without raising taxes. I will continue to be tough on crime and provide a compassionate and sensible solution to the homeless problem,” stated Mayor Wagner. “As Supervisor, my goal is to make all of Orange County as safe and fiscally sound as Irvine.”
Momentum continues to grow behind Mayor Wagner’s campaign as he leads overwhelmingly in endorsements and fundraising. Wagner is the officially endorsed candidate of the Republican Party of Orange County and the Lincoln Club.
Wagner was re-elected Mayor of Irvine by a 14-point margin. His current and former political offices have significant overlap with the Third District, giving him overwhelming name identification and a formidable advantage in the March 12 Special Election.